One Night Experience at Wae Rebo UNESCO Village of Flores Island-2Days/1Night Private Tour
Tour Code: LBJBA-BS01
Once a life time experience where you will sleep in Wae Rebo house and immerse with local to understand the ancient village way of life with preserved Nature and Cultures
About this tour
The 2012 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Heritage Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation has honoured Wae Rebo village an Award of Excellence as recognition of the local community efforts to restore and conserve structures and buildings of the unique mbaru niang houses. The project has successfully re-established the sustainability of the built environment whilst fostering the community’s pride and unity.
Wae Rebo Village, located in the Manggarai Flores District in East Nusa Tenggara Province, is the only village in the entire district which still hosts the complete village structure including the traditional houses (mbaru niang house –a cone shaped house with massive roof made of layers of palm leaves and wooden structure), a drum house as symbol of the unity of the clan and communal building as well as the stone altarcompang, where the souls of the ancestors are believed to stay. The village and its traditional houses were endangered due to the degrading resources to renovate and rebuild the damage structures.
Enjoy your early breakfast as our team will pick you up at 07.00 am local time from your hotel in Labuan Bajo area, west Flores – drive to Lembor village to see the largest wet paddy-field in west Flores – drive to Narang village southern coast of west Flores – drive to Denge village – start trekking up for 2,5 hours to impressive and unique traditional village of Wae Rebo. Lunch on the way. You will arrive in Wae Rebo at 5pm - Dinner and overnight at Wae Rebo village.
Wae Rebo Village consist of 7 custom houses named as Mbaru Niang. It has cone shape with diameter around 12 – 15 meters and 8 – 10 meters height. Path of the roof is dangle and almost covering all of the house. The house itself is made from certain grasses and coated by ijuk or palm fiber from the sugar palm in order to have strong condition as the wind and water attack the house.
Please be reminded that you will be sleeping in traditional house in one big room together with other travelers. The local community is providing simple food with traditional mattress and blanket
Simple breakfast at Wae Rebo village – see and enjoy the Wae Rebo village, by interacting with the local community to learn about their way of life and their unique culture before leaving the village
At 09.00 you will trek down back to Denge village – drive back to to Labuan Bajo via Narang and Lembor village. Lunch will be served on the way. Drop you off at your hotel in Labuan Bajo. Expected arrival in Labuan Bajo at 5pm
What to bring
TERM & CONDITIONS
- Advance purchase is highly recommended due to limited capacity vs high demand specially during high season in July-August. However, we do accept last minute booking up to 24hours before subject to availability
- Rescheduling is allowed with minimum 5Days written notice prior to tour date with supporting document of medical or compassionate reasons.
- Rescheduling due to Positive Covid-19 is allowed with minimum 3Days written notice prior to tour date with supporting document of PCR test result
- Rescheduling confirmation will be subject to availability
- Cancellation made less than 5Days will incur 100% cancellation penalties
- Non-Refundable for NO-SHOW
- Admin fee is applicable to process the refund as imposed by our third-party partners. We will inform you fairly and transparently
- Please note that the itineraries may change at any time due to among others local condition, bad weather, broken road and any unforeseen reason for the safety of passengers and the crew.